TIME function in Excel is a type of TIME/TIME function. It is used to make a time from given hour, minute, second which are provided individually. It can also be used as an assembler of times which are changed from time to time based on values in the worksheet.
- HOUR – It is a number having value between 1 and 24 digits which represents the specified hour.
- MINUTE – This represents the number of minutes of time one wants to form
- SECONDS- This represents the number of seconds of time one wants to create.
- In General formatting of Excel, TIME function gives you result in form of a serial number, to get it in a readable form you have to apply the number format function.
- The TIME function is also used with COUNTIFS and SUMIFS functions which add a dynamic nature to these functions and they update automatically when TIME value is changed.
- Negative values can also be provided in the arguments.
- Rollover of values is also valid if required.
Here we have added hour, minute, second in respective columns A, B, C and used the TIME function to enter TIME in column D as follows: