FLOOR.PRECISE function in excel is a Math/Trig function. It is a worksheet function. It rounds down the given function to a defined multiple or the nearest integer. It is different from FLOOR function in the sense that whatever may be the sign of the number, it always rounds down. By default it uses 1 as a multiple. For example, number 2.5 is rounded down to nearest multiple of 1 by formula =FLOOR.PRECISE(2.5,1) which gives 2 as the result.
- Number- The number or cell containing the number that is to be rounded off.
- Multiple- It is the multiple to which you can round down the number
- If the provided number is a multiple of multiple argument, it is not rounded down.
- If argument is non numeric, #VALUE! error is displayed.
- By default it uses 1 as a multiple.
- It is different from FLOOR function in the sense that whatever may be the sign of the number, it always rounds down and negative numbers are rounded away from zero.
- If the number or multiple used has value 0 then zero is retrieved as the result.
In the following example, a table of numbers is given, it is rounded down using FLOOR.PRECISE function.