NOW function in Excel is a type of DATE/TIME function. This function is used to retrieve present date with time. It is a dynamic function and updates automatically when we change a is made to the file or it is reopened. It gives result in form of serial number which can be formatted in form of date or date with time by using number format.
- NOW requires no arguments, but parenthesis are required
- In General formatting of Excel, Dates are in form of serial numbers. Serial number 1 is for 1 JAN, 1900 and the number increases from thereon. For getting it in readable form use the formatting function.
- NOW function does not require any arguments but parentheses are required.
- Date is automatically updated on refreshing the worksheet.
- To update time in the sheet, you can also use F9 key.
|12/14/2018 15:38||=NOW() Yields the present date and time.|
|12/14/2018 3:38||=NOW()-0.5 Yields the date and time 12 hours ago.|
|12/21/2018 15:38||=NOW()+7 Yields the date and time 7 days in future.|
|12/12/2018 9:38||=NOW()-2.25 Yields the time 2 days and 6 hours in past|