EVEN in excel is a Math/Trig function. It is a worksheet function. It rounds up the given function to the nearest even integer. For example, number 1.5 is rounded up to the nearest even integer by using the formula =EVEN(1.5) which gives 2 as the result. It can also be used to find the number of items which come in bundles of two’s.
- Number- The number or cell containing the number that is to be rounded off.
- If argument is non numeric, #VALUE! error is displayed.
- This function rounds up the numbers provided to the next even integer, by ignoring odd numbers falling in between.
- Numbers with negative sign are rounded away from zero. For example, ‘-1’ is rounded to ‘-2’.
- If the number to be rounded up is an even integer then no rounding occurs.
In the following example, a table of numbers is given, it is rounded up to the nearest even integer using EVEN .
For the negative integers , EVEN rounds away from zero as shown in the following example: