ROUNDDOWN function in excel is a Math/Trig function. It is a worksheet function. It rounds down the given function to a defined number of decimal places. For example, number 1.5 is rounded down to 0 decimal places by formula =ROUNDDOWN(1.5,0) which gives 1 as the result. ROUNDDOWN function is same as MROUND function except it always rounds down.
- Number- The number or cell containing the number that is to be rounded off.
- Num_Digits- It is the number of digits to which you can round down the number.
- If the provided number is a multiple of significance argument, it is not rounded down.
- ROUNDDOWN function is same as MROUND function except it always rounds down.
- If argument is non numeric, #VALUE! error is displayed.
- If sign of significance argument and number is opposite, #NUM! error is displayed.
- It always rounds down the numbers from 1-9.
- If num_digits is equal to zero than the number is rounded down to the nearest integer.
- If num_digits is less than zero than the number is rounded to the left of defined decimal places.
- If num_digits is greater than zero than the number is rounded to the right of defined decimal places.
In the following example, a table of numbers is given, it is rounded down using ROUNDDOWN function.