Round function in excel is a Math/Trig function. It is a worksheet function. It is used in rounding of a number to a defined number of digits. For example, if cell B1 contains value 2.478 and it needs to be rounded off to one decimal place, one can used ROUND function to return value 2.5
- Number- The number or cell containing the number that is to be rounded off.
- Num_Digits- The number of digits to which the number is to be rounded.
- Rounding up to number 0.4 is downward and above number 0.5 is upward.
- Rounding is done to a defined precision and it can be done left or right to the given number.
- If Num_Digit is greater than zero, number is rounded off to the right to the defined number of decimal places.
- If Num_Digit is less than zero, number is rounded off to the left to the defined number of decimal places.
- If Num_Digit is equal to zero, number is rounded off to the nearest integer.
- If only rounding up (from zero) needs to be done than ROUNDUP function is used.
- If only rounding down (towards zero) needs to be done than ROUNDDOWN function is used.
In the following example, Number to be rounded are entered in column A, and result after using ROUND function are entered in column B.