ODD function in excel is a Math/Trig function. It is a worksheet function. It rounds up the given function to the nearest odd integer. For example, number 2 is rounded up to the nearest odd integer by using the formula =ODD(2) which gives 3 as the result. It can also be used to find the number of items which come in bundles of odd numbers.
- Number- The number or cell containing the number that is to be rounded off.
- If argument is non numeric, #VALUE! error is displayed.
- This function rounds up the numbers provided to the next odd integer, by ignoring even numbers falling in between.
- Numbers with negative sign are rounded away from zero. For example, ‘-2’ is rounded to ‘-3’.
- If the number to be rounded up is an ODD integer then no rounding occurs.
In the following example, a table of numbers is given, it is rounded up to the nearest odd integer using ODD .
For the negative integers , ODD function rounds away from zero as shown in the following example: