DAYS function in Excel is a type of DATE/TIME function. It gives value of the number of days falling between two dates. This function can be applied to find the number of the DAYS from the date present in the cell. This can also be used to extract and put the number of the DAYS into other functions, for example in DATE function.
- End_Date- The end date to which one wants to calculate the number of days.
- Start_Date- The start date from which one wants to calculate the number of days.
- In General formatting of Excel, Dates are in form of serial numbers. Serial number 1 is for 1 JAN, 1900 and the number increases from thereon. For getting it in readable form use the formatting tab.
- The argument used must represent a valid date in Excel format.
- If the arguments used have number values which are out of range of valid excel date, #NUM error is displayed
- If the arguments used have strings which cannot be converted into valid dates, #VALUE error is displayed.
In this example, dates are given in column A and B, number of days between these dates are calculated using the DAYS function in column C.