In case you want to learn macros, vba programming and want to become advanced user of excel, you will have to add the developer tab to the ribbon. By default in excel this will not be added in the ribbon.
How to add the developer tab to the ribbon in excel 2007 ?
- Click on excel Office Button
- Click on Excel Options at the bottom of the list, it will open Excel options window
- Select Show Developers tab in the Ribbon in the Popular tab
- Click Ok to add the developer tab to the ribbon
This will add Developer tab in excel, you can see below picture for better understanding.
How to add the developer tab to the ribbon in Excel 2010 / 2013 and 2016 ?
- Click on File at the top left corner
- Click on Excel Options to open Excel options window
- Go to Customize Ribbon tab and select Main Tabs in drop down list in the right side
- Select the Developer in the box below
- Click OK to add the developer tab to the ribbon
Now it will enable developer tab in excel, You can easily access the Visual Basic, Macros, and other related tools directly.
You can also add Form Controls and Active X Controls in the sheet through Developer Tab.