Editing cell contents in excel
There are different ways to edit data in a cell.
- Edit the cell’s contents.
- Delete the cell’s contents.
- Replace the cell’s contents with something else.
Editing the contents of a cell
If you want to make any change in the existing data in a cell, you can edit cell data. When you want to edit the contents of a cell you can use one of the following ways to enter cell- edit mode:
- Double- click the cell to edit the cell contents directly in the cell and it will enable the edit mode
- Select the cell and press F2 to edit the cell contents.
- Select the cell that you want to edit and then click inside the formula bar to edit the cell contents in the formula bar.
All the above mentioned method will allow you to edit data in the cell.
You can use whichever method you prefer. When you enter in to edit mode, status bar will show the status as “Edit” in the bottom of the screen.
Deleting the contents of a cell
To delete the contents of a cell, just click the cell and press the delete key. To delete more than one cell, select a range of cells that you want to delete and then press Delete. Pressing delete removes the cell’s contents but doesn’t delete cells and any formatting applied to the cell.